Building a Wider Audience
Below is a list of resources for an economist trying to build a wider audience for your work.
- “The Conversation” - Established in the U.S. by the Sloan Foundation, this site produces, posts, and helps with the republishing of readable articles by academics about their research findings.
- “How to Excel in Media Interviews -- A Workshop for Female Economists” - 2020 ASSA Annual Meeting
- “So you want to build an academic website?,” – Kevin H. Wilson
- “Tips & Tricks for Working with the Media,” – CSWEP News, Gina Jacobs
- “Talking To the Media About Your Academic Research,” – CSWEP News, Joni Hersch
- “Tips on Publishing Newspaper Op-Eds,” – CSWEP News, Paul H. Rubin
- “When Your Research Goes Viral,” – CSWEP News, Jennifer Bennett Shinall
- “Using Twitter to Make your Professional Life Better, Not Worse”, by Sarah Jacobson, ASHE Newsletter (Hispanic Economic Outlook), Fall 2018
- “Twitter Tips for PhD Students”, Joshua Goodman
To update or add to the resources on this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.