Whether you are a student, an established mid-career economist, or an emerging scholar in your field, our member resources can be an important part of your success. AEA members gain access to the latest research, publish and present their work, find job openings, develop field expertise, and collaborate extenstively with peers and scholars.
AEA Membership Benefits
- Journals: Online access to all AEA journals, including nearly 20 years of archived journal articles and online pre-publication accepted articles. Access to AEA journals on JSTOR is automatically included in your membership to AEA at no additional cost!
- Discounts: Discounted submission fees for the American Economic Review and the American Economic Journals and discounts on the Continuing Education Program.
- Annual Meeting: Submit papers to be considered for presentation at the AEA Annual Meeting, volunteer to chair a session, or collaborate with other authors on a session proposal via the AEA's EconHarmony to significantly increase the chances your paper will be included in the meeting program.
- News and Announcements: Receive "first-alert" online announcements of upcoming events, Call for Papers, new member benefits, and publication alerts for all AEA journals in the subject classifications of your choice. Learn about developing legislation, regulations and agency decisions that are relevant to the scientific interests of economists by signing up for Committee on Government Relations Announcements.
- Election of Officers: Vote in the annual election of officers and attend the Annual Business Meeting.
- Member Directory: Complimentary listing in the AEA Directory of Members.