Communication with Policymakers
- Formal response to OMB’s Call for Comment on guidance in Statistical Policy Directive #3 that requires a 60-minute delay between release of Principal Federal Economic Indicators and Executive Branch comments on the release
- On June 6, 2018, the Census Bureau requested formal Comments on a Federal Register Notice asking for feedback on plans and preparations for the 2020 Decennial Census. The AEA Committee on National Statistics and the AEA Committee on Government Relations (excluding Federal employees) jointly prepared and sent this Comment for consideration on August 6, 2018.
- Committee letter to Speaker Ryan and Senator Murray on creation of Commission on Evidence Based Policymaking
- Letter to the Senate Appropriations Committee
- Acosta Letter from AEAStat Committee
- Letter on the consequences of realignment and relocation of the USDA's Economic Research Service (11/30/18)