Mentoring Diverse Junior Economists
Below is a list of resources for a senior economist or department leader eager to mentor diverse junior economists.
- “An Intersectional Framework for Effectively Mentoring Women of Color in Academia: A Best Practices Guide,” – CSWEP News, Rosalynn Vega
- “You Belong Here: Promoting a Sense of Belonging among Underrepresented Minority Women in Economics,” – CSWEP News, India Johnson
- “Mentoring Undergraduate Women Who are Students of Color,” – CSWEP News, Lisa D. Cook
- “Mentoring as Environmental Stewardship,” – CSWEP News, Beronda L. Montgomery
- “Best Practices in Recruiting, Advancing, and Mentoring for Diversity,” – CSWEP News, Marie T. Mora
- “Focusing on Taking Responsibility: Best Practices in Recruiting and Mentoring Diverse Economists,” – CSWEP News, Amanda Bayer
- “We've Built the Pipeline: What's the Problem and What's Next?,” – CSWEP News, Rhonda Vanshay Sharpe
- “Mind the Gap: Addressing Gender and Racial Disparities in Economics,” – CSWEP News, Nicole Dussault and Emily Eisner
- “Mentoring Mid-Career Faculty,” – (ways for chairs and program directors to mentor associate professors), American Speech Language Hearing Association
To update or add to the resources on this list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.