Below is a list of resources gathered to help guide graduate students who are interested in careers in public policy, consulting, or industry.
- “A Career in the Central Bank,” – CSWEP News, Christine M. Cumming
- “A Career in Consulting,” – CSWEP News, Nita Juneja
- “Creative Destruction: A Perspective on a Career,” – CSWEP News, Ellen Dulberger
- “The Decision to Leave Academia: A Dialogue with Chris Humphrey of Jobs on Toast,” – TheProfessorIsIn.com
- “Non-Academic Career Options for PhDs in the Humanities and Social Sciences,” – Columbia University Center for Career Education
- “Mid-Career Reflections on Non-Academic Work for Social Scientists,” – DartThrowingChimp.wordpress.com
- “Using Research Skills Outside Academia,” – Jobs.ac.uk
- “Economic Measurement Research at the Census Bureau,” – CSWEP News, Lucia Foster
- “Economists in the Antitrust Division,” – CSWEP News, Diane S. Owen
- “Interview with BLS Commissioner Erica Groshen,” – CSWEP News, Susan Fleck
- “What Research Economists Do at the Bureau of Labor Statistics,” – CSWEP News, Sabrina Wulff Pabilonia
- “Advice for New PhDs on the Job Market,” – CSWEP News, Wendy Stock
- “Finding the Right Match,” – CSWEP News, Cecilia Conrad
To update or add to the resources on this list, email email@example.com.