Committee on the Status of LGBTQ+ Individuals in the Economics Profession
The mission of the Committee on the Status of LGBTQ+ Individuals in the Economics Profession is to provide support for LGBTQ+ economists and economic research relevant to LGBTQ+ populations. The American Economic Association has supported the LGBTQ Economics Working Group since 2016 by hosting an annual meeting at the AEA/ASSA conference and by supporting the production of an LGBTQ Economics Newsletter. The Ad Hoc Committee was made a full committee in June 2019.
Economics of LGBTQ+ Individuals Virtual Seminar Series
Wednesdays at Noon ET (16:00 UTC)
Starting April 15th
Please sign up to receive the link to the Zoom meeting each week.
The Committee maintains a Google Group with announcements about events and research relevant to LGBTQ+ economists and allies and those who study LGTBQ+ peoples; interested individuals can request to join at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lgbtqeconnewsletter or email email@example.com with a request to join.
If you are an economics seminar organizer seeking to add LGBTQ+ speaker representation across all fields of economics, or if you are an LGBTQ+ identified economist who would like to add your own information to the list of available seminar speakers, please visit: https://econspeakerdiversity.shinyapps.io/EconSpeakerDiversity/.
- M.V. Lee Badgett (University of Massachusetts at Amherst) Co-Chair
- Christopher (Kitt) Carpenter (Vanderbilt University) Co-Chair
- Raphael Bostic (Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta)
- Sandile Hlatshwayo (International Monetary Fund)
- Michael E. Martell (Bard College)
- Deirdre McCloskey (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Martha Olney (University of California, Berkeley)
- Elisabeth (Bitsy) Perlman (U.S. Census Bureau)