AEA Summer and Scholarship Programs
Department of Economics
Michigan State University
in collaboration with
Western Michigan University
Dates: May 30 – July 28, 2019
For Prospective AEASP Students
For PhD Candidates Fellows' Positions
Notice: The application portal for the 2019 AEA Summer Training Program is now closed.
Since 1974, the AEA Summer Training Program and Scholarship Program have increased diversity in the field of economics by preparing talented undergraduates for doctoral programs in economics and related disciplines. AEASP is a prestigious program that enables students to develop and solidify technical skills in preparation for the rigors of graduate studies. As many as 20% of PhDs awarded to minorities in economics over the past 20 years are graduates of the program.
All students receive 2 months of intensive training in microeconomics, math, econometrics and research methods with leading faculty. At 3 credits per class, students have the opportunity to earn 12 college credits.
Don't miss the chance to:
- Take advantage of a unique, proven opportunity to sharpen math and other economic tools.
- Maximize learning and development by working at the appropriate level—Foundations or Advanced.
- Work alongside prominent professors.
- Develop career-long mentorships.
- Visit Chicago, the Federal Reserve, and re-energized Detroit.
- Discover the beauty of Michigan: Its friendly people, beautiful countryside, and of course, the big Lake—Lake Michigan.
- Play hard, work harder.
Learn more about:
- Class Schedule
- Housing and Transportation
- Finances and Scholarships
- Program Background
- Interested in your institution hosting AEASP?
Spanish version available here.