AEA Summer and Scholarship Programs
Intensive, 2-Month Residential Program
Department of Economics
in collaboration with
Women's Institute for Science, Equity and Race
and economics faculty collaborator
the U.S. Federal Reserve Board
Dates: May 27 – July 25, 2021
The application portal for the 2021 AEA Summer Program is now open.
The AEASP Team is happy to announce the AEA Summer Training Program held at Howard University for Summer 2021. Our faculty and fellows are excited to deliver high-quality instruction and enriching real-world experiences unique to the nation’s capital. Admitted students should look for updates through regular communication channels.
Updates will be communicated as soon as they become available.
We encourage all interested applicants to review our past information sessions' slides discussing the program's details.
Since 1974, the AEA Summer Training Program and Scholarship Program have increased diversity in the field of economics by preparing talented undergraduates for doctoral programs in economics and related disciplines. AEASP is a prestigious program that enables students to develop and solidify technical skills in preparation for the rigors of graduate studies. As many as 20% of PhDs awarded to minorities in economics over the past 20 years are graduates of the program.
All students receive 2 months of intensive training in microeconomics, math, econometrics and research methods with leading faculty. At 3 credits per class, students have the opportunity to earn 12 college credits.
Don't miss the chance to:
- Take advantage of a unique, proven opportunity to sharpen math and other economic tools.
- Maximize learning and development by working at the appropriate level—Foundations or Advanced.
- Work alongside prominent professors.
- Develop career-long mentorships.
- Visit Washington, DC, the Federal Reserve Board, and a host of famous monuments and museums.
- Play hard, work harder.
Learn more about:
- Class Schedule
- Housing and Transportation
- Finances and Scholarships
- Program Background
- Interested in your institution hosting AEASP?
Spanish version available here.
For more information & to apply,