AEA Summer and Scholarship Programs
Department of Economics
Michigan State University
in collaboration with
Western Michigan University
Dates: May 28 – July 26, 2020
The AEASP Team is happy to announce that the AEA Summer Training Program at Michigan State University will move online for Summer 2020. In this reimagined program, our faculty and fellows are excited to be able to deliver the same high-quality instruction they have for the last four years. The Team is also working on ways to engage and connect this talented group of students outside the virtual classroom. Admitted students should look for updates through regular communication channels.
Updates will be communicated as soon as they become available.
For Prospective AEASP Students
For PhD Candidates Fellows' Positions
The application portal for the 2020 AEA Summer Program is now closed.
Since 1974, the AEA Summer Training Program and Scholarship Program have increased diversity in the field of economics by preparing talented undergraduates for doctoral programs in economics and related disciplines. AEASP is a prestigious program that enables students to develop and solidify technical skills in preparation for the rigors of graduate studies. As many as 20% of PhDs awarded to minorities in economics over the past 20 years are graduates of the program.
All students receive 2 months of intensive training in microeconomics, math, econometrics and research methods with leading faculty. At 3 credits per class, students have the opportunity to earn 12 college credits.
Don't miss the chance to:
- Take advantage of a unique, proven opportunity to sharpen math and other economic tools.
- Maximize learning and development by working at the appropriate level—Foundations or Advanced.
- Work alongside prominent professors.
- Develop career-long mentorships.
- Visit Chicago, the Federal Reserve, and re-energized Detroit.
- Discover the beauty of Michigan: Its friendly people, beautiful countryside, and of course, the big Lake—Lake Michigan.
- Play hard, work harder.
Learn more about:
- Class Schedule
- Housing and Transportation
- Finances and Scholarships
- Program Background
- Interested in your institution hosting AEASP?
Spanish version available here.