JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
University of Utah
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: J6 -- Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
Randomized Controlled Trial
Full Text of JOE Listing:
A postdoctoral associate position is available to work on the Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) Program Evaluation, a 5-year contract funded by the Department of Labor through a grant received by the Utah Department of Workforce Services. The evaluation will involve a randomized controlled trial to estimate the impact of the RESEA program on the number of weeks claimants receive unemployment insurance benefits, employment status, and wages.
Responsibilities include grant management, helping design the RCT, longitudinal data analysis, and preparation of evaluation reports and scientific manuscripts. The associate will work with an interdisciplinary team of investigators from the Family and Consumer Studies Department (David Curtis, Su Shin, and Priya Fielding-Singh). This position is anticipated to be for at least two years, with renewal after the first 12 months contingent on performance. The position will ideally start no later than July 1st, 2023.
- Ph.D. in economics, political science, public policy, or related field.
- Expertise in labor economics, program evaluation, and causal inference is desired.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills are required, and experience with randomized controlled trials and/or mixed methods is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well independently and as part of team.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below