JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
China International Capital Corporation Limited
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
F -- International Economics
G -- Financial Economics
H -- Public Economics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Q -- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
R -- Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics
Public policy research
Full Text of JOE Listing:
1. Develop research ideas and conduct high-quality research in areas of interests to the CGI, especially on financial markets and financial stability, economic growth, digital economy and fintech, as well as international economics and finance.
2. Prepare in-depth reports on policy-relevant issues, and contribute to special-theme reports or books that CGI publishes.
3. Monitor and provide in-depth policy analysis on the Chinese economy and other major economies, to serve the needs of policymakers and to brief the Management.
4. Work in collaboration with colleagues in other departments on multi-disciplinary projects,.
5. At the senior level, build relationships, lead projects, help organize events, and collaborate with researchers in top universities or international organizations on joint research projects.
Qualifications and requirements:
1. A recent or forthcoming (completed in 2023) Ph.D., preferably in the field of economics or finance. At least 5 years of post-Ph.D. experience at an academic or policy institution required for the senior role.
2. Strong interests in public policy research, ability to conduct in-depth research independently as well as collaborate and work in a team. Strong communication skills, initiative, and integrity.
3. Proficiency in both English and Chinese preferred, with excellent writing skills.
Interested candidates can apply by submitting a cover letter, a current Curriculum Vita (CV) with a list of three references, and samples of your research through the JOE System.
Who we are:
The CICC Global Institute (CGI) is a top-tier think tank that focuses on public policy research that serve policymakers and the CGI builds a platform for policymakers, academics and industry experts to exchange views and collaborate. With a fast-expanding team of energetic and creative minds, the CGI actively participates in international policy interactions and debates and conducts in-depth research on major economic, financial and policy issues of relevance to China and the global economy.
The CGI is funded by the China International Capital Corporation Limited (CICC, 601995.SH, 3908.HK), which is China's first joint-venture investment bank and a pioneer of investment banking in China. Since its inception in 1995, the CICC has provided high quality financial services to a diversified client base across the globe. Headquartered in Beijing, CICC has over 200 branches in Chinese mainland and offices in Hong Kong SAR, New York, Singapore, London, San Francisco, Frankfurt and Tokyo.
- Letters of Reference
- Research Papers
- Cover Letter