JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Ibaraki, Osaka, JAPAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Institute of Social and Economic Research (ISER) of Osaka University invites applications for one assistant professor position (non-tenure-track position) in economics, beginning on or after October 1, 2022, and ending on September 30, 2025. The appointment is for the fixed term mentioned above without renewal. All fields of economics will be considered.
Position: Assistant Professor (Lecturer, Koshi in Japanese) or Assistant Professor (Jokyo in Japanese)
The position will be decided based on the applicant’s qualifications.
１. Having or expecting to obtain a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree by March 31, 2023, in economics or related fields.
2． Language ability to teach in English or Japanese
Starting Date: October 1, 2022 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Term of Employment:
From the starting date until September 30, 2025. A full-time and non-renewable appointment.
Details of this position are available at the following URL:
Application Deadline: June 16, 2022 (Japan Standard Time) or until the position is filled
Recruiting Committee: Assistant Professor (Any Field)
Institute of Social and Economic Research
6-1, Mihogaoka, Ibaraki City, Osaka 567-0047, JAPAN
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae (The names and contact information of those who are providing references should be included in the CV)
3. List of research achievements
4. A job market paper
5. For each paper having the forthcoming or revise and resubmit status, a copy of correspondence with a journal (such as a letter from an editor) as a proof
6. A copy of the certificate of a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree (if already obtained)