JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Ibaraki, Osaka, JAPAN
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Institute of Social and Economic Research (ISER) of Osaka University invites applications for one Assistant professor (non-tenure-track position) in economics, beginning at the earliest possible time, and ending on March 31, 2025. The appointment is for the fixed term mentioned above with the possibility of one renewal. All fields of economics will be considered.
Position: Assistant professor (non-tenure-track position)
1. Having or expecting to obtain a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree by September 30, 2022, in economics or related fields
2. Ability to teach in either English or Japanese
Starting Date: At the earliest possible time
Term of Employment:
From the starting date until September 30, 2025, with the possibility of one renewal. The renewed term of employment will be until September 30, 2028.
Details of this position are available at the following URL:
Institute of Social and Economic Research
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae (The names and contact information of those who are providing references should be included in the CV.)
3. List of research achievements
4. Two research papers
5. For each paper having the forthcoming or revise and resubmit status, a copy of correspondence with a journal (such as a letter from an editor) as a proof.
6. A copy of the certificate of a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree (if already obtained)