JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
I1 -- Health
I3 -- Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Professors Raj Chetty (Harvard), John Friedman (Brown) Nathan Hendren (Harvard), and Michael Stepner (U of Toronto) are seeking a full-time Research Assistant. This position will cover multiple projects in the field of health economics studying the determinants of health inequality by income, race, and other dimensions. This is a full-time, one-year position supported by a NIH grant on Social, Behavioral, and Economic Research on COVID-19. Position to be based at NBER starting July 1, 2022, with possible renewal for second year.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in econometrics and statistical programming; enthusiasm for empirical research on topics in health economics; interest in learning new skills; excellent attention to detail.
• Developing analytical files from large datasets
• Statistical analysis and data visualization using Stata
• Programming using best practices for reproducible research
• Summarizing and presenting findings, preparing slide decks, assisting with manuscripts
• Managing multiple workstreams and deadlines
• Working independently and as a member of a research team
• Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, public health, or related quantitative field
• Knowledge of Stata, including experience managing large datasets
• Experience developing portable and reproducible programs
• Prior research assistant experience
- External Application Link