JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: West Chester, Pennsylvania, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: E0 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
West Chester University of Pennsylvania’s Department of Economics and Finance is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Economics to begin August 2022. We are seeking candidates with a concentration in macroeconomics and/or monetary economics, and with an interest in teaching business statistics.
• Undergraduate and MBA teaching, including business statistics
• Scholarly research appropriate for AACSB accredited institutions
• Departmental and university-wide service
• Student advising
Teaching assignments will include opportunities for teaching at off-campus sites and/or through distance learning.
• Candidates must either hold a Ph.D. in economics or be ABD with economics Ph.D. completion expected by August 2022.
• Candidates who earned a Ph.D. more than three years ago must have a record of scholarship consistent with West Chester University’s scholarly academic standards, including recent refereed journal articles.
• A primary concentration in macroeconomics and/or monetary economics, as evidenced by published research or dissertation topic
• Teaching experience at the undergraduate level
• A record of scholarship or demonstrated research capability
• Teaching experience and an interest in teaching business statistics or econometrics
Instructions for Application:
See the full position announcement and apply online at:
Search for position 22-29.
Please submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, evidence of teaching effectiveness with evaluations (including a summary sheet) and a job market paper. Three letters of recommendation must also be uploaded by references to the website above.
Preference will be given to complete applications received by November 29, 2021.
- External Application Link