JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2021 - January 31, 2022
North Dakota State University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Fargo, North Dakota, UNITED STATES
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
C3 -- Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
F3 -- International Finance
F4 -- Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
G -- Financial Economics
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Assistant Professor of Economics.
Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics, North Dakota State University, Fargo.
Tenure track, 80% teaching, 20% research, academic year appointment.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop leadership in the department's teaching and research programs in macroeconomics. Teaching responsibilities will include intermediate macroeconomics, and doctoral level macroeconomic theory and econometrics. The teaching load will include four to five courses per year depending upon the department's needs and the candidate's research and teaching interests. The successful candidate will be required to establish a high-quality research program. Faculty evaluations in the department are based on effective teaching and advising at both the undergraduate and graduate levels; successful publication in leading disciplinary journals; active participation in professional activities; satisfactory service to the department, university, state, and profession; and successful pursuit of extramural funding sufficient to support an active research program.
1. an earned Ph.D. in economics by August 15, 2022;
2. demonstrated research expertise in macroeconomics and econometrics;
3. ability to publish high-impact research in quality academic journals;
4. ability to teach Ph.D. courses in macroeconomics and econometrics;
5. evidence of teaching effectiveness;
6. effective oral and written communication skills.
1. a research agenda and teaching interests in at least two of the following: time series econometrics, monetary economics, international finance, financial economics, fiscal policy, or labor economics;
2. record of high-quality publications in macroeconomics, econometrics, international finance, or financial economics;
3. ability to obtain extramural support for research activities.
The position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Appointment will be at the Assistant Professor level.
Position Available: August 16, 2022.
Application Deadline: Screening of applicants will begin October 15, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
Application Procedures: Applicants must submit 1) a letter of application with a statement of qualifications and interests, 2) a complete curriculum vitae including the names and contact information of three professional references, 3) a job market paper, 4) all graduate school transcripts, 5) copies of teaching evaluations, if available, and 6) up to three additional research papers to . All documents must be submitted in pdf format and electronic submission of application is required. Letters of reference will be requested from short-listed candidates after the initial screening of applications. Questions may be directed to Dr. Siew Lim, Chair of the Search Committee, at .
NDSU is an ADVANCE institution and Carnegie High Research Activity Institution.
- External Application Link