JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
D9 -- Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
G -- Financial Economics
C9 -- Design of Experiments
Full Text of JOE Listing:
As part of the project "Origins and Transmission of Financial Market Risks" Bocconi University invites applications for a 2-year post-doc position starting in September 2020.
The project seeks to understand the nature of financial decision-making by individuals and institutions and how the latter contributes to market instability. The project consists of two main research strands. The first is more behavioral and seeks to shed light on financial decisions. The second strand is sinstitutions and market based: it purports to map individual decisions into distortions in asset prices, the allocation of credit, and the real economy.
The ideal profile for the position is that of an empirical researcher capable of dealing with both field and experimental data. An empirical financial economist with knowledge of behavioral finance, or a versatile empirical economist with knowledge of finance would constitute a good fit. More specifically, the required skillset comprises:
- Data collection and organization (which includes field, experimental and survey data)
- Knowledge of standard econometric techniques (cross sectional and time series) and of the statistical software needed to implement them.
Applications must be received by 12 noon (CET) of April 1st, 2020 at recruiting-adr@
- Application Instructions Below
Each candidate must send the application form together with the following documents, which must be attached to the application and sent exclusively via e-mail:
• degree certificate (Bachelor and Masters degree), in pdf format;
• PhD certificate or equivalent obtained in Italy or abroad, in pdf format (if available);
• Professional C.V., in pdf format;
• A list of titles and publications in pdf format;
• any certificate or document proving your scientific preparation in your chosen field, which the candidate intends to submit for evaluation, in pdf format.
Full instructions and the application form can be found at: