JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Cubist Systematic Strategies
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Cubist Systematic Strategies is the systematic investing business of Point72. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures, and FX.
The best research requires original research ideas, good intuition, strong data analysis skills, and good research planning. Our research directly drives our investment decisions. This role is highly selective. We have a long history of training extraordinarily talented academic researchers to succeed in the investment services industry.
- Conduct quantitative alpha signal research
- Manage all aspects of the research process, including hypothesis development, data collection and analysis, hypothesis testing and alpha discovery, trading strategy generation, backtesting, portfolio analysis, and production management
- Evaluate new datasets
- Analyze and improve upon the latest academic research
- Ph.D. or M.S. in finance, economics, statistics or computer science.
- Programming in any of the following: R, Python, or C++.
- Experience with SQL.
- Solid research experience in the field of the candidate’s specialty.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply new methodologies to real life problems.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry is not required.
- Application Instructions Below
E-mail CV to Cubist-Talent@