JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York City, New York, UNITED STATES
00 -- Default: Any Field
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Global Investment Research
At Goldman Sachs, we believe who you are makes you better at what you do.
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in macroeconomics, the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights.
We seek out people with all types of skills, interests and experiences. For us, it’s about bringing together people who are curious, collaborative and have the drive to make things possible for our clients and communities.
Global Investment Research (GIR) division provides investment recommendations by generating fundamental research and analysis of economies, markets, industries and companies. GIR analysts help our clients achieve superior returns by seeking to develop creative, differentiated investment insights and ideas. Our clients include asset managers, hedge funds, mutual funds, and pension funds, among others. The team focuses on the intersection between economics and financial markets across a wide class of assets including equities, fixed income/credit, currencies, and commodities.
Responsibilities And Qualifications
We are seeking a New York-based economist for the US Economics team.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
• Publishing thematic and tactical research on the US economic and financial outlook
• Develop and maintain robust quantitative models to forecast US economic growth, inflation and interest rates
• Interpret and comment on high-frequency economic data releases
• Presenting research views to a wide range of senior clients
• Collaborating with the broader Macro Strategy team as well as our regional economists
• Supporting internal stakeholders in institutional client services and across the firm
• PhD in Economics
• Ideal candidate would have experience with US macroeconomic research and forecasting
• Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative skills
• Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
• Ability to work both autonomously and in a team-centric environment
• Deep curiosity and a passion for the intersection between macroeconomics and markets
- External Application Link