JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2019 - July 31, 2019
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Washington, DC, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is hiring a PhD Economist in the Office of Economic and Risk Analysis (OERA). OERA is responsible for conducting the PCAOB’s economic analysis, research, risk assessments and other data analysis in support of the entire range of PCAOB activities, including standard-setting, inspection, enforcement and other oversight activities.
The Financial Economist will prepare economic analysis of PCAOB standards and rules, apply economic and statistical analyses and empirical methods to matters of interest to the PCAOB, and identify and conduct research in support of the PCAOB mission. This position is located in our Washington, DC headquarters and will report to the Chief Economist. Qualified candidates must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship now or in the future.
• Develop economic analyses of PCAOB standards and rules.
• Apply economic and statistical analyses to measure the effectiveness of PCAOB oversight activities and identify opportunities to improve the PCAOB’s critical processes.
• Identify and conduct research on auditing matters that will inform the oversight activities of the PCAOB in protecting investors, including research suitable for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Write white/discussion papers on economic issues related to PCAOB programs.
• Work with outside experts in academia and industry to further strengthen the PCAOB’s understanding of auditing and its impact in capital markets.
• Manage and analyze public and proprietary data to support PCAOB initiatives and projects.
• Work closely with staff from other offices within the PCAOB and from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to facilitate the OERA’s work.
As we seek to accomplish our mission and implement our vision, we expect integrity, pursue excellence, operate with effectiveness, embrace collaboration, and demand accountability.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All PCAOB employees are entitled to equal opportunity and a professional work environment, free of discrimination and harassment. A workplace free of discrimination is fundamental to professional success and to the PCAOB's mission. The PCAOB will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Learn more about the PCAOB and this position at
Interested candidates may forward their cv to Terri Sawyer at sawyert@
- Application Instructions Below
Interested candidates may forward their CV to Terri Sawyer at sawyert@