JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Irvine, California, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
applied scientific computing
Full Text of JOE Listing:
EViews® is a market-leading econometric and forecasting software program. EViews is employed worldwide by economists and statisticians in government, business, and academics to conduct research, perform analysis and simulation, produce forecasts, and support undergraduate and graduate instruction.
In this role, you will:
• Research cutting-edge econometric, statistical, mathematical, and advanced analytics algorithms and methodologies
• Develop robust, re-usable, high quality code to support implementation of these methodologies as well as general software operation
• Aid in the design, programming, numerical validation, and testing of software
• Work closely with EViews team members to incorporate code into commercial products
• Master’s degree in statistics, econometrics, computer science, data science, operations research, applied mathematics, or equivalent experience in industry.
• Strong background in linear algebra and applied scientific computing (e.g., numerical analysis and techniques, optimization, simulation).
• Experience in software development/programming in C, C++, Python, FORTRAN, or similar scientific programming language.
• Ability to work both independently and within a small team environment.
• Training in econometrics, statistics, applied mathematics, or finance.
• Experience in applied data analysis.
• Experience with EViews or related software products (such as Stata, SAS, R, or Matlab) that extend beyond routine classroom use.
- External Application Link