JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Ernst & Young
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: G00 -- General
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Position: Financial Services Office – Quantitative Advisory Services, Senior
Location: New York, McLean, Charlotte, Chicago, San Francisco
To be considered for an interview at Ernst & Young LLP (EY)
• You must apply through our online system at www.ey.com/us/apply. Select the job description for which you are applying: Campus Full-time, MBA Application
What it means to be part of EY’s Financial Services Office Advisory group
Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunities. EY’s Financial Services Office (FSO) is a unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services. With a client base that includes capital markets participants and other financial institutions, there’s tremendous potential for growth . Our FSO team takes a strategic approach to helping clients mitigate risk while improving and sustaining their business performance. In today’s complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk, the regulatory environment and performance improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives.
An introduction to the Quantitative Advisory Services group
Within the FSO Advisory Services practice, the Financial Services Risk Management (FSRM) group provides integrated risk management advisory services to leading Investment Banks, Commercial Banks, Asset Managers, Insurance Companies, Energy Companies and the Corporate Treasury functions of leading Fortune 500 Companies on a global basis. FSRM engagement teams provide clients with recommendations to help identify, measure, manage and monitor the market, credit, operational and regulatory risks associated with their trading, asset-liability management, capital management and other capital markets activities.
FSRM employs individuals with financial services risk management, trading, regulatory, quantitative, technology, operations and accounting backgrounds. The breadth of the experiences of the FSRM professionals enables the practice to coordinate the delivery of a broad array of risk management services to capital market participants throughout the world in a well-integrated manner.
Quantitative Advisory Services (“QAS”) group is a sub-service line within FSRM. QAS is typically engaged in projects related to the development, validation, and other quantitative services of front-office sales and trading pricing models, market risk models, counterparty credit risk models, operational risk models, balance sheet and income statement stress testing models, and credit modeling (e.g. probability of default, cash flow analysis, expected loss, exposure at default).
What this means for you
As a sub-service line of FSRM, the Quantitative Advisory Services (QAS) team employs individuals with analytical backgrounds and strong communication skills to deliver on the following key areas:
• Model validation
• Model risk management and governance
• Model development and implementation
• Model/system documentation
• Valuation and risk system implementation
• Data management
• Model benchmarking
• Regulatory readiness
Additional responsibilities include:
• Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels
• Consistently deliver quality client services
• Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
• Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
• Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
• Possess good business acumen
• Develop rapport with client by demonstrating an understanding of their concerns, needs and issues.
To qualify, candidates should have:
• Pursuing a master’s degree and/or PhD in Computational / Quantitative Finance, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Physics etc.
• Strong academic performance
• Familiarity with statistical and numerical techniques and the principles of the theory of probability and stochastic calculus
• Familiarity with statistical programming software and database management (SAS experience preferred) is a plus
• A desire to develop and integrate quantitative skills within a required scope of designing and implementing business services
• Knowledge of capital markets products, methodologies and financial analytics, including an understanding of the key concepts of derivative instrument pricing and risk measurement
• Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment
• Flexibility and willingness to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. To learn more about career opportunities at EY, please visit us at www.ey.com/us/careers.
The global Ernst & Young organization is a leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
- Cover Letter