JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Ford Motor Company
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Dearborn, Michigan, UNITED STATES
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
D -- Microeconomics
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
We are seeking a high-potential Economist/Econometrician to assist in all phases of model development, evaluation, and deployment for use in support of Ford business units. Areas of focus include the following: econometrics, financial economics, risk quantification, design of experiments, behavioral economics, microeconomics, marketing. The analyst would have a great deal of autonomy in conducting research and applying modeling methodologies.
• Employ econometric/data-mining techniques to assess and analyze consumer, financial, and economic data by working directly with data sources and various Ford business units.
• Support deployment of analytical tools to business partners.
• Execute both descriptive and inferential adhoc requests in a timely manner.
• Communicate and present models to business customers and executives.
• Graduate degree in Economics with focus on quantitative analysis. M.S. required, Ph.D. preferred.
• Demonstrated skills in conducting econometric/data-mining analysis in a business or applied research setting.
• Demonstrated skills in large scale data manipulation.
• Strong programming skills in R, MATLAB, and/or SAS required; some experience with SQL.
• Ability to translate complex quantitative methods into easily understood results for all levels of business customers.
• Ability to handle multiple projects within a given timeframe.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.