JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2015 - January 31, 2016
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Dallas, Texas, UNITED STATES
G2 -- Financial Institutions and Services
G -- Financial Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Financial Industry Studies Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas has an opening for a new Ph.D. Economist or experienced researcher with research and policy interests in banking and financial markets. All economists with such interests, including but not limited to financial economists, macroeconomists, and applied econometricians are welcome to apply. Economists are expected to produce rigorous research for publication in refereed journals and presentation at research conferences, and to provide high-quality analysis for policy briefings and Bank publications. Strong analytical and communications skills are essential. A Ph.D. in Economics or a related discipline is required. Familiarity with banking data is a plus. Senior applicants should have a proven track record in publication.
1. Conducts original economic research in the area of banking or other financial markets topics with policy relevance. Writes articles, professional papers, and manuscripts, performs public speaking engagements and responds to inquiries from the community on issues related to original individual research.
2. Writes briefing documents, at the request of senior management, on economic topics related to area of expertise.
3. Maintains a current knowledge of economic and financial conditions by reading professional papers and periodicals, books, and other business and economic material. Keeps abreast of regulatory and policy issues as they relate to banking and financial markets. Attends professional and business conferences and seminars; presents research papers to peers in national and regional forums.
4. Presents seminars related to research findings; reviews and internally comments on work prepared by others in the department.
5. Performs miscellaneous duties and special projects of a related nature, as assigned.
Skilled in Microsoft Office programs
Ability to work with various computer platforms and statistical analysis packages such as SAS, STATA, MATLAB, R
Ability to learn new software and techniques quickly
Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and give public speeches
Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects at once, while remaining organized and meeting deadlines
Education and Experience:
· A Doctorate Degree in Economics, Finance or related discipline
· Senior applicants should have a proven track record in publication.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, rush jobs, change in workload, or technological developments).
Work Hours and Conditions:
Typically, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday; occasional work during evening hours and on weekends may be necessary.
This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate’s experience and departmental needs.
By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. citizen, (2) U.S. national, (3) U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, or (4) U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position does require a credit check.
We will be interviewing selected candidates for this position at the January 2016 Allied Social Sciences Association meeting in San Francisco. Relocation assistance and/or a sign-on bonus may be extended to candidates receiving an offer of employment.
Interested applicants should apply via
Refer to Position #243472
- External Application Link