JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
University of Sydney
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA
JEL Classification: M2 -- Business Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
REFERENCE NO. 343/0215
We are currently seeking a Professor in Big Data Analytics, with expertise in statistical learning, machine learning, data mining, data science, analytic methods for big data, or a related field.
In this position you will:
• take a leadership role in the activities and development of the Big Data Analytics research group
• play a lead role in developing and maintaining strong links with business and also in research income generation, from industry and government sources
• teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level to culturally-diverse cohorts, as well as develop curriculum in the area of big data analytics
• make a contribution to the research strengths of the school, including the pursuit of research grants and regular publication in journals of high standing
• supervise research higher degree students
• be involved in interdisciplinary collaborations within the University and with external stakeholders
• contribute to academic administration.
Visit http://sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number for more information and to apply.
Closing Date: 11.30pm 6 April 2015 (Sydney time)
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
- External Application Link