JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2015 - July 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Falls Church, Virginia, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Lewin Group is a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with over 40 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors.
At Lewin, the Federal Health and Human Service (FHHS) Practice helps federal decision-makers strengthen health and human services programs and make informed policy choices. By delivering objective, data-driven research, technical assistance, and evaluations including access to proprietary data sets, Lewin is able to support current program activities, inform future program investments and support strategic decision processes.
As a Senior Consultant within the FHHS Practice, you will contribute to the success of Federal projects through the design and implementation of rigorous quantitative empirical research methods to evaluate health care payment and organization policies. You will also contribute to business development by writing proposals and identifying new business opportunities with existing clients.
Key responsibilities include:
• Lead and support project research that require advance empirical methods applied to health care data including but not limited to Medicare/Medicaid claims,
• Supervise research staff in data analysis, ensuring that all projects are conducted with sound analytical methods
• Interpret research findings into practical answers to broader policy questions as they relate to the specific content area
• Support technical proposal writing
• Serve as a resource to other staff in methodological or health care policy areas
• PhD in Economics with 2+ years’ experience in health care research
• Expertise in any of the following areas: applied microeconomics, health care policy analysis, and program evaluation
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• 2+ years of experience analyzing Medicare, Medicaid and/or Commercial claims data, strongly preferred
- Application Instructions Below
1: Go to the following website: http://careers.unitedhealthgroup.com/
2: Enter 588057 into the search field
3: Click on the title of the position, then scroll down to "click here to apply"
4: Follow the prompts to create your profile and submit your application. ***Please include your resume AND abstract/short synopsis of a recent research project demonstrating your empirical research capabilities. Empirical research application to a policy question preferred***