JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Location: Houston, Texas, UNITED STATES
F1 -- Trade
F -- International Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Baker Institute seeks an economist with public policy and private sector experience to serve as the economics fellow for the Institute's Mexico Center. The fellow will work with the center's director and associate director to support the mission of the Mexico Center, which is dedicated to developing pragmatic approaches to key policy issues that affect the U.S.-Mexico relationship, and provides research-based recommendations to decision-makers on both sides of the border.
Description of responsibilities:
- Intellectual Leadership: Play a leading role in developing the vision and framework for the Center's research and programming on Mexico-U.S. trade. Represent the Center and Institute in external policy debates.
- Programmatic Design and Oversight: Develop programming and initiatives to influence policy and shape public discussion on trade and development. Manage multiple projects simultaneously, often involving senior experts and policy leaders.
- Management: Manage and develop top talent. Integrate relevant Baker Institute members and sponsoring entities into the Center's programming. Leverage expertise of the Institute's other programs and broader network. Oversee program finances and administrative obligations.
- Development: With the Institute's development department, help expand the program's financial base by sustaining current support and pursuing additional opportunities.
- Outreach/Communication: Represent the Mexico Center externally. Provide expert analysis and commentary.
- Application Instructions Below
Job Title: Fellow in Mexico Economics
Requisition Number: 15063