JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2014 - January 31, 2015
University of Antwerp
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Antwerp, BELGIUM
JEL Classification: E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
- be assigned lecturing duties in the field of macroeconomics, at the Bachelor, Master and PhD levels of the programmes in applied economics and socio-economics;
- undertake scientific research in the area of macroeconomics that will lead to publications in highly ranked economics journals; your research is preferably strongly oriented toward economic policy;
- acquire and manage external research funds (national and international);
- offer academic services to the Department of Economics, the Faculty of Applied Economics and the University of Antwerp by participating in ongoing projects and by launching new initiatives;
- supervise both Master and PhD students.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a PhD in Economics, Applied Economics, or equivalent.
- You have a good publication record in your field of expertise.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch.
- External Application Link
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
The interviews of the candidates preselected by the selection panel will take place on 9 March 2015.