Materials for beginners and grad students alike
These guides provide an introduction for students new to the field of economics:
A few economists at the 2019 AEA Annual Meeting offered their candid thoughts about the most urgent question that economists are tackling today. The responses ranged far and wide, but a theme emerged: inequality.
Much more than finance, banking, business and government, a degree in economics is useful to all individuals and can lead to many interesting career choices. These four diverse individuals offer their insights on how a background in economics can be a tool for solving very human problems.
- About.com Economics - variety of resources for students and others
- AmosWorld - student guide with a glossary and on-line tests
- Dictionaries, Glossaries, & Encyclopedias - list of such resources in RFE
- Moody's Dismal Scientist - macro and regional data with analysis plus general commentary
- Online Glossary of Research Economics - research terms explained (appropriate for graduate students)
- Understanding the World Today - a multifaceted review of recent decades