Materials for beginners and grad students alike
These guides provide an introduction for students new to the field of economics:
A few economists at the 2018 AEA Annual Meeting offer their candid thoughts about how they got interested in the field. It wasn’t always an obvious career path choice until they learned more about it.
Much more than finance, banking, business and government, a degree in economics is useful to all individuals and can lead to many interesting career choices. These four diverse individuals offer their insights on how a background in economics can be a tool for solving very human problems.
- About.com Economics - variety of resources for students and others
- AmosWorld - student guide with a glossary and on-line tests
- Dictionaries, Glossaries, & Encyclopedias - list of such resources in RFE
- Moody's Dismal Scientist - macro and regional data with analysis plus general commentary
- Online Glossary of Research Economics - research terms explained (appropriate for graduate students)
- Understanding the World Today - a multifaceted review of recent decades