The following organizations rank graduate economics programs using various approaches:
- US News and World Report 2017 Rankings
- Rankings by Econphd.net
- National Academy Press's (NAP) Ranking
- National Research Council's 1995 Ranking
- Economics Departments, Institutes, and Research Centers in the World (EDIRC) Ranking
- Research Papers in Economics (RePEc) Ranking of Institutions
- Tilburg University Top 100 Worldwide Economics Schools Research Rankings
Academic research evaluating economics programs
- Amir, Rabah and Malgorzata Knauff. 2008. "Ranking Economics Departments Worldwide on the Basis of PhD Placement." Review of Economics and Statistics, 90 (1), pp. 185-90.
- Grijalva, Therese C. and Clifford Nowell. 2008. "A Guide to Graduate Study in Economics: Ranking Economics Departments by Fields of Expertise." Southern Economic Journal, 74 (4), pp. 971-96.
- Kalaitzidakis, Pantelis, Theofanis P. Mamuneas, and Thanasis Stengos. 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics." Journal of the European Economic Association, 1: 1346-1366.
- McPherson, Michael A. 2012. "Ranking US Economics Programs by Faculty and Graduate Publications: An Update Using 1994-2009 Data." Southern Economic Journal, 79 (1): 71-89.