JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2024 - July 31, 2024
Royal Holloway, University of London
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Egham, Surrey, UNITED KINGDOM
D7 -- Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
D9 -- Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
A1 -- General Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Applications are invited for the post of Postdoctoral Research Assistant in the Department of Economics at Royal Holloway, University of London.
We are looking for two highly motivated individuals to join the research project on Social Mechanisms and Applications funded by the Leverhulme Trust and led by the project PI, Professor David Levine.
The successful candidate will work 1/3 time directly on the project and 2/3 of the time on individual grant related research.
The main goal of this project is to study social mechanisms and their allocations. The project has both theoretical and empirical focusses along with subject experiments.
The successful candidate will possess as many as possible of the following:
- PhD in relevant subject area
- Training in using key software, including Python;
- Demonstrable comprehensive experience of research in heterogenous agent modelling;
- Designing economic experiments, setting up and coding economic experiment using major online platforms;
- Experience of coding complex structural estimations, simulations;
- Experience with constructing research funding proposals;
- Ability to keep accurate records, strong communication skills, experience with interacting with research users and researchers from related disciplines, and ability to work independently under regular supervision as well as within a team setting.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
To view further details of this post and to apply please visit .
To apply, please use the following link: