JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2023 - January 31, 2024
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: C6 -- Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Modeling and Research team at BlackRock is looking for quantitative researchers in various fields of expertise. The researcher’s job responsibilities are:
• Develop methodologies, models, and analytics to help portfolio managers better conduct valuation, manage risks at both security and portfolio level
The following teams are hiring.
Corporate and Structured Credit Modeling team:
This team is building out a unified framework for modeling credit across asset classes. Particular focus will be the modeling of private credit, including direct-to-consumer loans, leverage loans, commercial mortgage loans.
The requirements are:
• PhD in Finance, Statistics/Econometrics, Economics, or relevant quantitative disciplines.
• Hands-on experience with time-series analysis/panel data
• Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality empirical research or theoretical research relevant for empirical analysis
• Plus: Knowledge of credit markets, programming skills in Python, exposure to Git, Unix, SQL, or any high-performance computing language
The Portfolio Simulation Research team:
This team is building out a new engine for the joint simulation of the global macro economy, drivers of financial markets, and individual assets. The team is building and connecting innovative models and methodologies in a Bayesian framework. The engine is used in scenario analysis and portfolio construction/strategic asset allocation.
The requirements are:
• PhD in Finance, Statistics/Econometrics, Economics or relevant quantitative disciplines.
• Hands-on experience with frequentist and/or Bayesian statistics in time-series analysis.
• Experience with (macro)economic models OR experience with machine learning such as neural networks.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct high quality empirical research or theoretical research relevant for
• Plus: Knowledge of financial mathematics/derivatives pricing, programming skills in Python, exposure
to Git, Unix, SQL, or any high-performance computing language, exposure to PyTorch/TensorFlow/Jax
For New York City only: The salary range for this position is $135,375 - $152,500. Additionally, employees are eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, and benefits including heath care, leave benefits, and retirement benefits. BlackRock operates a pay-for-performance compensation philosophy, and your total compensation may vary based on role, location, and firm, department and individual performance.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below