JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
Asian Development Bank
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, PHILIPPINES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
multilateral development banks
international financial institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
As Senior Economist (Gender), you will:
• Lead policy-relevant research of strategic interest to ADB Management and its developing members with focus on gender equality.
• Contribute to the generation and dissemination of research outputs and publications, and provide technical and analytical support to ADB operations.
• Undertake applied economic research on gender-related topics in support of OP2, with emphasis on analytical and policy-relevant empirical studies linked to the department’s research priorities including economic integration; poverty and inequality; digital economy; macro and financial stability; climate change and sustainable development; and skills and the future work.
• Lead the design and implementation of research outputs, including ADB’s flagship publications, thematic reports, policy briefs, working papers, and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
What are we looking for?
• A post-graduate degree (preferably Doctorate level) in Economics or related fields, (preferably with gender equality as one of the research areas).
• At least 10 years of professional experience in conducting independent research on gender-related topics.
• Evidence of high-quality research output and track record of gender equality-related publications in international peer-reviewed professional journals, with preference for publications on gender equality in developing economies.
• Strong quantitative, analytical, and conceptual skills on gender and economics.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
Application deadline: 3 May 2023