JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: Silver Spring, Maryland, UNITED STATES
St. Petersburg, Florida, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Q5 -- Environmental Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Core Responsibilities of the Environmental/Natural Resource Economist:
- Conducting economic assessments to determine the appropriate type and scale of restoration to compensate the public for injuries to ecological, recreational, and cultural resources.
- Working as part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists and attorneys on natural resource damage assessment cases.
- Providing technical support to the NOAA Office of General Counsel and the Department of Justice in natural resource damage litigation.
- Conducting economic research that advances ARD's ability to assess natural resource injuries and scale restoration projects.
- Managing research conducted by academic experts and consulting firms; and developing improved, cost-effective methods and procedures for conducting natural resource damage assessments.
- Enhancing personal professional development via identifying and seeking appropriate training and participation in professional meetings.
Required Qualifications of the Environmental/Natural Resource Economist:
- Master's or Doctorate degree in economics, preferably in one of more of the following sub-disciplines: environmental, natural resource, or agricultural economics; or environmental policy with an emphasis in quantitative economic analysis.
Desired Qualifications of the Environmental/Natural Resource Economist:
- Experience in valuing natural resources and environmental goods and services.
- Knowledge of damage assessment procedures mandated by CERCLA and OPA.
- Experience working in litigation.
- Letters of Reference
- Cover Letter