JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
Columbia World Projects
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: New York, New York, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: P4 -- Other Economic Systems
Salary Range: $64,000 - $84,000 annually
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Columbia Center for Political Economy is seeking two Postdoctoral Research Scholars to be embedded in our “Work and Labor” and “Firms and Antitrust” idea labs.
These labs are interdisciplinary and collaborative spaces and we seek applicants with a PhD, JD, JSD, or equivalent from across the social sciences, history, and law. These are one-year positions (one additional year may be possible) with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2023. Please submit materials to politicaleconomy@ no later than March 17, 2023 at 5:00PM EST.
The “Firms and Antitrust Idea Lab” explores problems of antimonopoly, antitrust, and the structures of firms. Topics may include competition, cooperation, collusion, mergers, and rival exclusion, pushing prices below market for supplies, trading access for data, and more.
See more here:
The “Work and Labor Idea Lab” explores the forces, institutions, and ideas that shape and regulate work and labor markets. Projects may focus on the modes of collective action by workers, interactions among workers, employers, markets, and the larger society, and the future of labor movements at home and abroad, with an emphasis on how movements both address and are shaped by technological and other transformations.
See more here:
- Application Instructions Below
Interested applicants should apply and submit the following materials to politicaleconomy@ .
1. Cover Letter describing your interest and relevant experience;
2. Curriculum Vitae;
3. Writing sample consisting of a single journal article, essay, or book chapter (published or
4. A summary of the research plan for which the position is sought (limited to 350 words);
5. A detailed research plan (up to five pages, single-spaced) for the position stating specific goals to
be accomplished during the period it will be held; and,
6. Contact information for three references familiar with your work (including your doctoral