JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
BT Pension Scheme Management Limited
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: London, UNITED KINGDOM
00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
G1 -- General Financial Markets
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Our Markets team is looking for a PhD who is graduating this year and up to 5 years experience.
The successful candidate will join a small team of Portfolio Managers and Traders. We are managing rates, inflation, equity and FX derivatives, government bonds, and Risk Premia. We are cross-asset and derivative heavy.
You are versed in applied econometrics and working with data. Proficiency in Python and strong Excel skills are musts. You are excited about markets and derivatives.
The preparation of presentations is an aspect of the role. Experience in report preparation and Power Point is desired.
- Market research
- Coding and quantitative analysis
- Monitoring of portfolios and risk limits
- Preparation of reports and presentations
- Trade execution
- PhD or equivalent
- Applied experience with data or data science
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (proficient/native)
- Problem solving with the ability to work independently
- Willingness to learn beyond your current comfort zone
We are the largest UK private-sector pension scheme and one of the largest in Europe. You would join a small team with large portfolios, exposure to all asset classes and CIO interaction.