JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
Direccion de impuestos y Aduanas Nacionales de Colombia (DIAN)
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Bogotá, Bogota, COLOMBIA
H2 -- Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
H3 -- Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents
F1 -- Trade
F3 -- International Finance
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
D9 -- Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
J1 -- Demographic Economics
G4 -- Behavioral Finance
Tax evasion and avoidance
Tax Burden, Tax Incidence
Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium
economics of gender
Experimental Economic Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The DIAN, Colombia’s government internal revenue and customs agency, is looking to hire PhD holders in Economics, Finance, Statistics, or other related fields.
The DIAN offers a lively and dynamic environment with opportunities for career development and constant interaction with academia and policymakers worldwide through seminars, courses, and workshops organized at the DIAN.
Selected candidates will be part of the Economic Studies Department and are expected to:
• Possess strong quantitative skills and previous experience in empirical analysis and applied economic research.
• Be familiar with recent developments in behavioral and experimental economics.
• Contribute to policy analysis and to advise senior management on issues within their field of expertise that are of importance to the DIAN.
• Contribute to the generation of research outputs, analytical tools and publications that will become technical inputs for our strategic operations and the accomplishment of the DIAN’s mission.
• Feel comfortable within interdisciplinary teams of other researchers, industry practitioners and attorneys.
The Economic Studies Department’s focus covers a wide range of topics that include tax collection and evasion, international capital and trade flows, compliance risk management of taxpayers and customs users, measurement and fight against smuggling, tax incidence macroeconomic performance among others.
This position is only available to Colombian citizens settled or willing to settle in Bogotá. Fluency in both Spanish and English is a must. Most activities require presentiality, but some remote working is allowed.
Interviews will be held online during the first semester of 2023. For additional information, please contact director of economic studies David Suarez at dsuarezc2@ .
- Application Instructions Below
• Colombian citizenship
• Demonstrated experience conducting independent research, international experience working in several countries is a plus.
• Cover Letter
• Three letters of Reference
Submissions will be received until February 28th 2023, interviews will be held between March and June 2023. To be considered, candidates should submit a cover letter, vita, research paper, and three letters of recommendation. Questions regarding the submission of materials should be sent to dsuarezc2@ .