JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2023 - July 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA
JEL Classification: D -- Microeconomics
Status Update: Position has been filled
Full Text of JOE Listing:
McMaster University’s Faculty of Social Sciences invites applications for a Teaching-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Economics, located on the main university campus to begin on July 1, 2023.
The successful applicant will primarily teach large-enrollment sections of first-year undergraduate microeconomics. Preference will be given to applicants who have completed or are very near completing a PhD in economics. Applicants with an MA in Economics and at least four years of experience teaching large sections of introductory economics with evidence of teaching excellence will be considered. The successful applicant must demonstrate a record of excellence in teaching, a willingness to contribute to teaching practice through continual pedagogical innovation, and a willingness to be a resource to other instructors in the department. They must also demonstrate a willingness and ability to contribute to the department’s collegial and collaborative intellectual community as well as university-wide inclusive excellence goals and priorities.
The department will begin reviewing applications on November 15, 2022. Only complete applications, including all application materials and reference letters, will be considered. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
1. an application letter
2. a curriculum vitae
3. a teaching dossier including a thoughtful teaching statement and evidence of teaching excellence
4. three confidential letters of reference, guiding referees to comment on your:
1) demonstrated ability to successfully teach large-enrollment sections of undergraduate first-year microeconomics
2) ability to work in a collaborative environment; and
3) contributions to teaching practice
4) contributions to university, professional and/or community service.
5. applicants are required to include a statement describing any contributions made or planned in relation to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion or inclusive excellence in teaching, learning or service within post-secondary, community-based and other professional settings (2-page maximum).
Applications will only be accepted on-line at EconJobMarket,