JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Other Nonacademic (Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Salaried, Consulting, Etc.)
Locations: Boston, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
New York City, New York, UNITED STATES
Washington, D.C., District of Columbia, UNITED STATES
Chicago, Illinois, UNITED STATES
Dallas, Texas, UNITED STATES
Denver, Colorado, UNITED STATES
Menlo Park, California, UNITED STATES
San Francisco, California, UNITED STATES
Los Angeles, California, UNITED STATES
D -- Microeconomics
G -- Financial Economics
I1 -- Health
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
L -- Industrial Organization
M -- Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
About Analysis Group
Make an impact at Analysis Group, where we provide our clients with thoughtful, pragmatic solutions to their most challenging business and litigation problems. Analysis Group is one of the largest international economics consulting firms, with more than 1,000 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
* We offer cutting-edge analyses and analytical tools to address business challenges that require rigorous, evidence-based research.
* We collaborate with top professors from leading institutions to create a bridge between current academic thinking and real business issues.
* We assist premier law firms in many different litigation contexts, including antitrust, intellectual property and commercial damages, and with all aspects of litigation, including pretrial discovery, development of economic and financial models, preparation of testimony, and critique of opposing experts.
* We advise corporate and government clients on a range of business issues that require expert interpretation of economic and financial data, including valuation of companies and assets, securities and financial instruments, tax and transfer pricing issues, cost-effectiveness analyses, market analyses, and evaluation of mergers and acquisitions.
* We also help organizations create strategies for growth by analyzing market dynamics and organizational capabilities, enhancing innovation in current products and services, and identifying new market opportunities.
* We have received the Boston Bar Association’s President’s Award for the firm’s pro bono work on civil legal aid and homelessness, and the firm’s innovative approach to recruitment has been featured prominently in major outlets, including the Financial Times and Leaders magazine.
* We have also been recognized as a best place to work in several top surveys, including national surveys by Glassdoor (Best Places to Work, Employees’ Choice Award, small and medium business category) and Vault (17th overall in the Vault Consulting 50, and the top-ranked economic consulting firm).
About the Summer Associate Position:
As a summer associate, you have the opportunity to work on complex business problems within a collaborative environment. Summer associates may work on multiple projects at a time across various practice areas and industries. As a summer associate, you will play a critical role in driving the research, analysis, and strategy of cases. Responsibilities and work experiences may include but are not limited to the following:
* Identifying key economic issues and developing relevant analytical frameworks
* Formulating economic and financial models
* Conducting empirical studies
* Performing quantitative and qualitative research
* Collaborating with academic and in-house experts
* Presenting results of analyses
* Thinking creatively about how leading-edge analytics and emerging data sources address clients’ most pressing business challenges
* Coordinating multiple work-streams or analyses within a case team, including both the work product and the team members involved in it
* Helping companies leverage analytic tools to better manage innovation
Analysis Group fosters a progressive and academically oriented work environment, with an emphasis on teamwork and collaboration across diverse areas of expertise. Specifically, we seek candidates who are pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics or Finance degree, graduating by May 2024 who have:
* A concentration in applied microeconomics, labor economics, industrial organization, econometrics, or finance preferred
* Passion for using data and analytics to solve the economic, financial, and business challenges our clients face
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* An excellent academic record
* Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment and the ability to effectively work independently
* Excellent attention to detail
* A desire to continuously learn and develop professionally
How to Apply
To be considered, you must upload a cover letter and curriculum vitae via the Analysis Group website, here: https://associatecareers-analysisgroup.icims.com/jobs/1923/summer-associate--general-%28phd%29/job.
We currently have openings in Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Menlo Park, New York, San Francisco, and Washington DC.
Please visit the following link for information related to compensation and benefits for this position:
- External Application Link