JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: International:Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Suzhou, Jiang Su, CHINA
JEL Classification: A2 -- Economic Education and Teaching of Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
XJTLU is a research-led university and correspondingly, International Business School Suzhou is a research-led business school. In this context, even though the workload of faculty in IBSS is generally shared between teaching, research, and service, Professors are expected to greatly contribute to the research activity of the School. Research activities include the publication of research articles, attendance at international conferences, and applications for research funding. Research performance in the School is benchmarked on internationally recognized lists of journal quality such as the Academic Journal Guide (UK) – a.k.a. the ABS list – and the ABDC list (AUS). The target levels on those lists are ABS3/ABDC: A or above.
The assistant/associate Professor is expected to have:
• A Ph.D. degree in Economics or a related field,
• Teaching experience in higher education,
• A proven record of academic publications in good journals, or for early-career academics, a strong pipeline of promising research.
Target on senior professorial ranks are expected to have:
• A significant record of high-quality academic publications,
• Several external research grants awards,
• Experience in Ph.D. supervision.
• Curriculum design and program development experience,
• Engagement with the professional community,
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
Please submit your application on our university website: . Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes 3 parts in the order of:
•A cover letter
•A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
•Contact Details for Three References
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email the Head of the Department, Senior Associate Professor at . Informal enquiries may be addressed to HRBP of IBSS Ms Ye Lan at . Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.