JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Locations: UNITED STATES
Rockville, Maryland, UNITED STATES
Cambridge, Massachusetts, UNITED STATES
Durham, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
Atlanta, Georgia, UNITED STATES
00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
H -- Public Economics
I -- Health, Education, and Welfare
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
K -- Law and Economics
P -- Political Economy and Comparative Economic Systems
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Abt Associates is seeking a qualified Senior Analyst to support the Social and Economic Policy Division to work in our Rockville, MD, Cambridge, MA, Durham NC, or Atlanta, GA office, or as a full-time telecommuter.
The Social and Economic Policy Division helps guide development of the nation’s prominent policies and programs. Our contributions—at all government levels—have resulted in better programs on housing, community revitalization, education, workforce development, income security, food assistance, and in support of children, youth, and disadvantaged families. Our clients include federal agencies, as well as state agencies, foundations, and nonprofit organizations.
The Senior Analyst / PhD Economist will exercise initiative to resolve complex non-routine matters. The position holder will implement and manage project schedules, plans, goals, and budgets under the indirect supervision of more senior staff, independently analyze issues to reconcile and resolve problems, and apply their knowledge and experience of general operations, systems, and project procedures. The Senior Analyst / PhD Economist will also actively participate in the mentoring and development of less senior staff. Additionally, they will review project reports and findings and will also be responsible for reviewing data sets, documentation, and models for anomalies to ensure accuracy.
Key Role and Responsibilities
• Perform and manage a variety of research analysis tasks, including leading team members.
• Provide training and technical supervision to less experienced staff such as research assistants and programmers
• Review collected data and analyses using standard practices and techniques in their field(s) of specialization.
• Use standard software packages to plan and implement data analyses.
• Apply quantitative and/or qualitative analysis techniques and methods.
• Work on complex assignments under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
• Economists will be expected to apply standard economic theory and econometric methods to the design and implementation of impact evaluations and other research projects
• PhD in Economics, or related field, by Summer 2023.
• Experience conducting empirical research.
• Strong interest in public policy research.
• Communicates effectively in English, orally and in writing.
• Works effectively in teams.
• Thrives in a dynamic environment.
• Conducts research with attention to detail and schedule.
• PhD + 0-2 years of relevant experience
Applications will be accepted through January 2023, but for full consideration, please submit application materials by November 18, 2022.
Application deadline: 1/31/2023
- Job Market Paper
- Cover Letter