JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Evanston, Illinois, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Social and Economic Policy
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Northwestern University School of Education and Social Policy invites applications for a lead economist/research analyst position. We invite applications from candidates in all fields of economics and from all diverse backgrounds. Applicants should have an interest in applied, policy-oriented research and the ability to write, speak, and present to both technical and non-technical audiences. Applicants also should have strong analytic curiosity and creativity; the ability to operate both independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment; and excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. As a lead economist/research analyst, you will lead research proposals and studies in the field of social and economic policy, provide analysis to help develop and evaluate interventions and policy options, and leads data management and analysis team involved in querying, extracting, managing and analyzing multiple, complex datasets ensuring data integrity, quality, and timeliness of results.
Specifically, we seek candidates who have:
• A Ph.D. in economics in an accredited college; OR appropriate combination of education and experience
• Passion for using big data to solve social and economic policy issues
• Strong writing skills, including conceptualizing, organizing, drafting, and managing written deliverables such as reports, memos, PowerPoint presentations, or other client-facing materials
• Excellent interpersonal skills to ensure effective communication with individuals at all levels and from diverse backgrounds
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
To be considered and interviewed at AEA, you must submit a cover letter, your curriculum vitae, and job market paper, and three letters of recommendation to Ashley Reyes by November 30th, 2023. Candidates who applied after this deadline will only be considered if the position is not filled by January 31st, 2023.
- Application Instructions Below
by November 30th, 2023. Candidates who applied after this deadline will only be considered if the position is not filled by January 31st, 2023.