JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
University of Arizona
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Tucson, Arizona, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: Q5 -- Environmental Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics (AREC) at the University of Arizona is seeking applicants for an Assistant (tenure-track) Professor position to conduct research and teach courses related to environmental, resource, and water economics, or related areas. This is a 9-month, full-time appointment with opportunity for promotion in rank and/or tenure. The position is 55% research, 35% teaching and 10% service with the expectation the candidate will teach two courses—undergraduate and/or graduate—each academic year. The successful candidate will actively pursue extramural funding in support of research. The candidate will also develop a nationally and internationally recognized research program. As part of the candidate’s research capabilities, strong skills in econometrics and quantitative methods are expected. Research experience in environmental and water issues relevant to arid and semi-arid climates is desired. Applicants with research interests in international development topics related to drylands, climate adaptation, and/or policy and program evaluation is a plus. Candidates should have the ability to work effectively within a broadly diverse community of students, scholars, and stakeholders. The University of Arizona is an equal opportunity employer, and the department strongly encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
More information at:
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
(1) Curriculum vitae
(2) Cover letter expressing why you are interested in this position
(3) Job market paper or writing sample
(4) A two-page research statement describing your goals and vision for your future research program at the University of Arizona
(5) A one-page statement on how your scholarship, teaching, and service specifically address issues of equity and inclusive excellence in agricultural and resource economics
(6) Contact information for three references.
The application review process will begin 15 November 2022 and continue until a suitable candidate is identified.
Applications should be submitted to: