JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia, UNITED STATES
D -- Microeconomics
C -- Mathematical and Quantitative Methods
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Tenure-track position at Assistant Professor level in Microeconomics with special interest in behavioral economics, decision theory and network theory. Responsibilities with a regular appointment include undergraduate and graduate level teaching in the Virginia Tech Economics Department, curriculum development, and strong promise of scholarly research. Continued development of professional capabilities and participation in scholarly activities is a must. Participation in department, college, and university service, governance and professional service is required. Position requires occasional travel to attend and participate in professional conferences, societies and meetings. The Economics Department maintains an expectation that all employees hold true to the Virginia Tech Principles of Community and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education as prescribed at http://www.inclusive.vt.edu.
For questions, contact Dr. Aris Spanos (email@example.com)
A criminal conviction check is required for the successful candidate.
- Ph.D. in Economics at time of appointment (anticipated appointment date is August 10, 2023)
- Promise of significant scholarship
- Demonstrated ability to teach, or promise of significant teaching ability
- Demonstrated or promise of significant work in curriculum development
- Demonstrated scholarly expertise in decision theory, behavioral economics and/or network theory
- A wide range of interdisciplinary interests
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
A complete application will include a CV, Cover Letter, Contact information for 3
References, job market paper, and Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness.