JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia, UNITED STATES
D -- Microeconomics
L -- Industrial Organization
I -- Health, Education, and Welfare
O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Tenure-track position at advanced Assistant or Associate Professor level in Applied Microeconomics with special interest in development economics, industrial organization and health economics. Responsibilities with a regular appointment include undergraduate and graduate level teaching in the Economics Department at Virginia Tech, curriculum development, and a strong promise of scholarly research. Continued development of professional capabilities and participation in scholarly activities is a must. Participation in department, college, and university service, governance and professional service is required. Position requires occasional travel to attend and participate in professional conferences, societies and meetings. The Economics Department maintains an expectation that all employees hold true to the Virginia Tech Principles of Community and a commitment to diversity and inclusion in higher education as prescribed at http://www.inclusive.vt.edu.
For questions, contact Dr. Suqin Ge (email@example.com).
A criminal conviction check is required for the successful candidate.
- Ph.D. in Economics at time of appointment (anticipated appointment start date is August 10, 2023)
- Demonstrated significant scholarship
- Demonstrated scholarly expertise in development economics, industrial organization and/or health economics
- Demonstrated experience of significant teaching ability
- Demonstrated abilities in curriculum development
- Track record of external funding
- Wide range of interdisciplinary interests
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
A complete application will include a CV, Cover Letter, Contact information for 3 References, job market paper, and Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness.