JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
University of Virginia
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, UNITED STATES
00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
E -- Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics
J -- Labor and Demographic Economics
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The University of Virginia Department of Economics of the College and Graduate School of Arts & Sciences invites applications for multiple positions at the tenure-track (Assistant Professor) level. We will consider candidates in any field but are particularly interested in specialties in:
(1) Macroeconomics and finance in the global economy. We seek candidates who demonstrate excellence in applying empirical, theoretical, and quantitative tools to a broad range of macroeconomic questions. Candidates should expect to teach macroeconomics at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
(2) Labor economics. We seek candidates working who demonstrate excellence in applying empirical or theoretical tools to topics such as aging, immigration, crime, search, inequality, discrimination, and others. Candidates should expect to teach at the graduate and undergraduate levels in labor economics and related topics.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022. There are two steps to apply:
1. Apply through UVA Workday, and search for R0040772.
2. Submit supporting to:
a. Cover letter on
• areas of research
• future research aims
• potential collaborations/projects at UVA
• demonstrated experience working on diversity, equity and inclusion andwith diverse populations
c. Research paper
d. Three recommendation letters
e. Copy of UVA Workday confirmation letter