JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
University of Utah
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, UNITED STATES
I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The University of Utah School of Medicine’s Health System Innovation and Research Division seeks applicants for a tenure track or tenured faculty position (open rank) in behavioral economics. We are looking for collaborative colleagues with a strong record or potential of independent scholarship. Scholarship that advances methodologies and demonstrates novel applications of behavioral economics principles and concepts to the study of population health and health systems is desired. The applicant should demonstrate willingness to support collaboration in implementation science, clinical research, and patient-oriented or community-based participatory research.
Applicants should have experience or strong interest in interdisciplinary team science in collaboration with health services researchers, social scientists, clinicians, and other disciplines. Mid- to late-career applicants should demonstrate a strong record of extramural funding and mentorship of early career faculty and doctoral students. Applicants should demonstrate commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion in their research team, institution, and community. Applicants from communities traditionally underrepresented in higher education and the health sciences are especially encouraged to apply. Applications will be evaluated based on applicant’s career stage.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Cover letter
- Research statement (up to 3 pages)
- Teaching statement (up to 2 pages)
- One example of scholarly work that you would like to highlight
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) statement responding to any or all aspects of the following prompt: In PHS we view EDI as central to achieving excellence in our research, teaching and service to the community. How have you demonstrated your commitment to EDI in academic or other settings? How do you see yourself contributing to the advancement of EDI within our department?