JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
University of New Orleans
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Full-Time Academic (Permanent, Tenure Track or Tenured)
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Director/Professor of Practice will generate new projects, serve as spokesman for the department, act as liaison and present results to clients. The Director/Professor of Practice will assist the Project Manager with analysis for all DBER and Hospitality Research Center (HRC) projects. In addition, the Director/Professor of Practice will teach two courses per academic year for the Department of Economics & Finance and participate in department level service as assigned by the Department Chair.
• Conduct grant searches and write proposals to generate new projects for the DBER
• Administer those externally funded projects that are awarded
• Tasks include determining methodologies, estimating costs, negotiating and monitoring budgets, drafting proposals and reports
• Work collectively with the HRC to acquire new projects
• Assist Project Manager on strategic planning, personnel management, oversee and participate in data collection (as appropriate) and statistical analysis on all projects
• Assist Project Manager with updating and maintaining procedures for economic impact analysis and prepare economic impact reports.
• Estimate visitor spending impact and profile
• Serve as spokesman and act as liaison for the DBER
• Manage DBER and HRC budgets
• Assist in preparation of and manage contracts
• Monitor progress on ongoing projects
• Prepare Weave annually for DBER/HRC
• Maintain list of all DBER and HRC projects on a fiscal year basis
• Other duties as required to facilitate office operation and administration.
• Teach two courses per academic year for the Department of Economics & Finance.
• Participate in department level service as assigned by the Department Chair.
Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance or an MBA and relevant work experience.
Extensive experience with statistical applications for research in business, economics, or related discipline and experience utilizing statistical software packages, specifically SPSS. Experience using Access and Excel. Excellent organizational skills, professional written and oral presentation skills. Flexibility, attention to detail, ability to work with research team under tight deadlines, and willingness to learn. Desire to teach university level economics or finance courses.
PhD in Economics or Finance. Strong training and skills in data collection and management . Proven track record of high-quality teaching of university level economics or finance courses.
- External Application Link