JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
August 1, 2022 - January 31, 2023
University of California San Diego
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: La Jolla, California, UNITED STATES
F -- International Economics
H -- Public Economics
O -- Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Postdoctoral Scholar, Center on Global Transformation (CGT)
The Peter F Cowhey Center on Global Transformation (CGT) at the University of California San Diego is a central hub for applied research and policy dialogue focused on the opportunities and challenges arising from global economic and technological change. The Center is pleased to invite applications for a one-year Postdoctoral Research Associate for the academic year 2023-24, with the possibility of a one-year reappointment. The postdoctoral fellow will work with Center staff on projects evaluating the design and impact of the U.S. R&D and innovation ecosystem. A particular focus will be on sharpening the analysis of the role played by science philanthropy, a distinctive feature of the American ecosystem.
The Associate will reside at the UC San Diego campus and will be expected to participate actively in the intellectual life of the University.
• Basic Qualifications (required at time of application): Applicant must be pursuing a Ph.D. in economics, management, public policy, or related fields.
• Additional Qualifications (required at time of start): Applicant must have completed their Ph.D.
• Preferred Qualifications: Preference will be given to applicants with experience building datasets, strong empirical skills, and expertise in economics, management, sociology, or the political economy of innovation. Familiarity with the literature on comparative national R&D systems is a desirable bonus.
Applicants are required to upload:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity
• Writing Sample
The annual salary will be commensurate with experience.
• Two letters of reference required
The University of California, San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
- External Application Link