JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Wake Forest University
Position Title/Short Description
Section: US: Other Academic (Visiting or Temporary)
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina, UNITED STATES
JEL Classification: I2 -- Education and Research Institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
The Program for Leadership and Character at Wake Forest University is seeking a postdoctoral fellow to conduct innovative research on cultivating character and leadership among students in the professional schools at Wake Forest University for up to a 4-year term, with the potential for extension.
Some Essential Functions:
- conceptualize innovative and creative ways to measure and evaluate key constructs and facets of the Program;
- coordinate and manage multiple datasets and conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses;
- contribute to, and at times lead, the writing of manuscripts.
Required Education, Disposition and Skills:
- Ph.D. in a social science field;
- demonstrated analytical skills, with experience using qualitative and/or quantitative methods;
- be highly collaborative and enjoy working as part of an interdisciplinary research team;
- be flexible, creative and open-minded about research approaches and methodologies;
- be attentive to detail and context;
- have strong time management skills to be involved in multiple ongoing research projects;
- be open to being mentored and given constructive feedback;
- be interested and able to learn independently;
- be willing to follow direction and eventually take on leadership of research as experience is gained on the job.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below
- Letters of Reference Instructions Below
Required documents to be submitted at the time of application (candidates are encouraged to apply by July 15th, 2022. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered):
- Cover Letter (no more than 2 pages and addressed to the members of the search committee)
- Curriculum Vitae
- 2 writing samples demonstrating your research expertise (with at least 1 illustrating some of your methodological expertise)
- Research Statement (no longer than 3 pages)
- 3 confidential letters of recommendation to be sent via email to leadershipandcharacter@ within 2 weeks of applying.
Specific instructions for the Cover Letter and Research Statement are provided in the application link.