JOE Listings (Job Openings for Economists)
February 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022
Asian Development Bank
Position Title/Short Description
Section: Full-Time Nonacademic
Location: Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, PHILIPPINES
JEL Classification: 00 -- 00 - Default: Any Field
multi lateral development banks
international financial institutions
Full Text of JOE Listing:
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is looking for talented research economists!
ADB is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. Our mission is to reduce poverty and promote sustainable economic growth in the region. We provide policy dialogue, loans, equity investments, guarantees, grants, and technical assistance to help our members achieve their development goals.
As an Economist in ERCD, you will:
• Prepare analytical work and/or take the lead in conducting research work on policy-relevant issues of strategic interest to ADB Management and its developing members.
• Contribute substantially to the generation and dissemination of research outputs and publications and provide technical and analytical support to ADB operations.
• At the senior level, oversee and carry out the design, implementation and administration of technical assistance projects for DMCs on empirically rigorous policy analysis across a broad range of areas.
• Provide technical and analytical support in areas of research expertise to ADB operations, including collaborating with ADB operational departments and country offices, reviewing institutional documents, and participating in review meetings and operational missions as necessary.
We are looking for economists at all levels, who have:
• A post-graduate degree (preferably Doctorate level) in Economics or related fields, with strong background in empirical analysis and policy-focused research.
• At least 4 years of relevant professional experience at the entry grade level and minimum 10 years at the senior level.
• Demonstrated experience conducting independent research, including international experience working in several countries.
• Evidence of high-quality research output and track record of publications in international peer-reviewed professional journals.
1. Multiple positions at various levels will be filled from this vacancy announcement.
2. Actual position title and level will be based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, and job scope that will be assigned to the selected candidates
3. At the senior level, the incumbent will take on a lead role.
4. The positions are to be assigned to the Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department (ERCD), but selected candidates may be redeployed/reassigned to the Operational Departments.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious, and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
- External Application URL and Instructions Below